Are you a dessert gourmand who’s craving for some sweet stuff?
Then these DIY yummy cookies (recipe from A Cookie Named Desire) is a must try.
These are the required ingredients:
18 tsp Nutella
Baking & Spices
1 2/3 cups All-purpose flour
1 tsp Baking soda
3/4 cups Brown sugar, lightly packed light
1/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa, powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 Butter, unsalted
1 tbsp Milk
1¾ tablespoons red velvet emulsion (or regular red food coloring)
- Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and beat well. Beat in the milk, vanilla, and red velvet emulsion (or red food coloring). Add in the flour mixture and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough for an hour. At the same time, drop teaspoon dollops of Nutella onto parchment paper and freeze. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Take out 1 tablespoon of dough and place a frozen teaspoon of Nutella onto the dough. Add another half tablespoon of dough over the Nutella and cover the dollop. Roll the dough between your hands to form a ball. Repeat the the remaining dough and Nutella. You may need to chill the dough again halfway through. I found the dough to be a bit sticky. I also kept my Nutella in the freezer and took out a teaspoon as I needed it because it thaws out fairly quickly.
- Bake the cookies for 9 – 10 minutes. The cookies will still be puffy. Gently press down with a spatula and top with mire chocolate chips if desired.
Voila! These red velvet Nutella stuffed cookies are everything. The only chocolate chip cookie recipe you will need for dessert! Thank you for reading, if you want you can leave a like and a comment below about what you feel for this recipe, dessert rather. Ahihihihohoho